once again i find my work once again about the line between one thing and another. after making doodle i have received many comments as to it being cute or creepy, which excites me, but the most important comment so far has been from my friend Youngshin. She brought up the important point of that each animal(poodle and deer) lives in different realm. One is domesticated and one is found almost exclusively in nature. it excites me most because it helps expose how natural it is for me to be drawn to the concept of created boundaries. it reassures me that my work, even if playful or explorative, is headed in the right direction and makes me even more exited to produce works. i started off seeing these just as experiments but now im getting to seeing them as pieces in their own right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top